trust us for life
Caring for the Growing Needs of Our Community.
General Medical Services
Providing medical care and attention to the local community.
Your health is of utmost importance to us, where we will deliver holistic patient centered care at all times.
What we do
- Family Medicine
- Childhood vaccinations
- Influenza + Pneumococcal vaccine
- Primary care dermatology
- Sports Medicine and joint injections
- Management of chronic medical conditions
- Chiropodist (Please call Siobhan Allen directly for an appointment at 086 8122 564)
- Audiology (Please call Sally O’Dwyer directly for an appointment at 087 7536 808)
- Dietitian (Please call for an appointment at 021 4870135)
- Counselling (Please call Ray Hanley directly for an appointment at 087 2079 109)
- Speech and Language Therapy. Please contact Clodagh Crowley, Speech Steps directly for an appointment at 087 3538749. Visit website www.speechsteps.ie for more details.
- 24hr Blood pressure monitor
- Cholesterol Management: Click Here to View & Save in PDF Format
- Diabetic Service in Ovens Medical Practice: Click Here To View Opening Hours & Profile of Dietician Irene O’Mahony
- Weight Loss Clinic: Please call Irene O’Mahony at 021 4870135
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Testing
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Mirena Coil Insertion and removal
Click Here to View & Save in PDF Format
- Implanon Insertion and removal
- Cervical Smear Testing
- Breast Check
- Fertility Advice
- Pregnancy & Maternity Care:
General Advice on Preganancy – Click Here to view the Information Sheet
- Breast Examination
- Cervical Smear Testing:
Click Here for CervicalCheck Website or Click Here to view the Infomation Sheet
- Well Woman Health Check Up
- Fertility Advice
- Screening & Treatment of Osteoporosis:
Useful information on calcium rich foods – Click Here to view the Information Sheet
- Sexual Health screening
- Well Man Health Check Up
- Prostate screening
- Testicular exam
- Sexual Health screening
There are many conditions that can be treated quickly and easily by minor surgery and just require a little local anaesthetic.
Most of these procedures are covered directly by VHI/Laya/Irish Life Health/Glo Health Insurance.
- Incision and drainage of abscess
- Laceration and repair of skin and soft tissue
- Removal of foreign body from skin and soft tissue
- Removal of moles and pigmented lesions
- Removal of sebaceous cysts
- Removal of skin tags
- Removal of in-growing toe nail
- Skin biopsy
- Burn treatment
- Joint injections
The group provides a full range of vaccines, advice and prescriptions for the overseas traveller. The centre is a recognized yellow fever vaccination site which will be needed by most travellers to South America and Africa.
Each schedule of vaccinations and medicines will be personally tailored to you and your travel destination. Please book travel consult with our nurse
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B
- Yellow fever
- Malaria prevention
- Influenza vaccine
- Pneumococcal vaccine
- Shingles vaccine
- Chicken pox vaccine
- Gardasil (Cervical Cancer)
- And many more
DNA testing is available in the clinic. This is done with a cheek swab collected under appropriate conditions. This is used to confirm paternal or maternal links.
Occupational Health Services
We provide occupational health services to some leading employers in the greater Cork area and have amassed considerable practical experience. Testimonials from current clients are available on request.
What we do
Work is good for your health!
We provide a full range of occupational health services including detailed pre employment medicals, now available online.
This ensures rapid reporting and turn around time for the employer and prospective employee. Should the employee require a review by a doctor, this will be within 24 hours.
We also provide fitness to work medicals and ongoing health review and support where required.
We strive to keep employees well and where employees are unwell we work with the employee, with the support of the company, to resolve the issues and restore a healthy and productive lifestyle.
Medicals take the format of a comprehensive pre-employment medical questionnaire based on a detailed medical examination. Medicals provide clarity on whether a candidate is medically fit for the work to which they are to be assigned. We also provide a full range of occupational health support for those companies with employees in safety critical roles.
The tests that can be carried out in pre employment medicals include:
- Blood tests
- Visual acuity and colour vision check
- Lung function tests
- ECG where appropriate
- Drug and alcohol testing
We provide insurance medicals for many insurance companies and undertake these medicals jointly with the patient’s own GP present. These medicals follow the same procedure as pre employment medicals.
We provide assessments and reports for ongoing occupational injury cases and for staff on sick leave. Within the confines of medical consent and confidentiality, our reports will detail the prognosis of the patient together with an assessment of patient history, an assessment of the patient’s presentation and an overall view on prognosis and recovery time where possible. We maintain communication with HR managers as required while at all times being mindful of the principles of medical confidentiality.
We provide vaccination programmes for all employees on site or at the surgery.
Contact Joan Murray to discuss your Occupational Health needs at email@example.com
This can be done with a breath and urine sample. The patient is appropriately consented for these tests to take place. All positive samples are sent to a laboratory for confirmation and this ensures the maximum level of legal certainty.
Occupational vaccination is required for specific tasks where exposure to hazards are reduce by vaccination, for example Hepatitis B in the Health care sector.
We offer a full range of vaccinations to ensure your staff are kept safe from their occupational risks.